11.23.2006

What to Do With Kids

I have three siblings: Matt, Rachel, and Sam. They're seven, five, and three respectively. I get the chance to watch them every other Friday when my parents go out on a date. But I never know what to do with them. We usually watch a movie, have dinner, and play with LEGO's. But the kids are starting to get bored. I don't have money to buy new toys for them and we've exhausted our stash of kid-friendly movies. If any of my readers has an idea of what keeps kids quietly occupied, I'd be grateful if you shared.

4 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Read plays, so everyone participates.
Dig a huge hole in the yard.
Cook together-cookies.

Ebeth said...

Ask Hannah Green

JustSomeGirl said...

OK it's January. They should have a nice stash of new toys to entertain you, . . . I mean them.

Pensador said...

Thanks for the suggestions but I don't trust those kids in the kitchen (who knows what they might put into my cookie?). Their new toys are actually fun to play with, for me. The kids are bored with them already. Oh well. Rachel is having a birthday party soon. Maybe she'll get something interesting.