6.05.2012

TGIH___

I am constantly reminded of all the little things in life that make me happy and I've been making a list. The first time I heard of a "thank you list" was in my Bible class with Mrs Duron in 9th grade (I think it was 9th grade...). It was November (of course) and she had us make lists of 20 things we could thank God for. We all had the general stuff: Family, Bible, salvation, life. But then we had to get creative. One of the first things on my list? A hairbrush. Because that's one thing I wouldn't want to live without and I think everyone I interact with would agree. So I continue to make Thank God I Have ___ lists, lose them, and recreate them. But in the past week, God has given me many reminders of all the little graces in my life that He bestows with kindness and I don't even realize it! I have not one, but TWO hairbrushes! I have a steady job! I have running water! And I have friends that put up with my weirdnesses. I encourage you to make your own list of things you're thankful for, pray in gratefulness, lose the list, and start over again. It's a lesson in dependence on God's sovereignty and being thankful children.
Here's some things from my current list, to help you get started:

Beards
Babies
Bow ties
Suspenders
The moon
Bridget's laugh
Overalls
Lilies
Tigers
Flannel shirts
Walks in Awesometown
Colorful fingernail polish
Friendship bracelets
The tears of a groom
Holding Hands with a child
Daddy hugs
Being prayed for on the spot
Bonnets
Braids
Awkward moments
Mike's weird face
Jesse points
Chocolate chip pancakes on my birthday
Green eyes
Macro photography
Skewered food
Jello
Kittens
Huskies
Russians
Facebook

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having lived abroad makes me thankful. I am thankful for Starbucks and a car that I can drive to actually ANY coffee shop and I am thankful that they aren't miles away. Oh...I can go on forever. But I wake up thankful each morning for my beautiful apartment!