1.09.2006

Dirty Socks, Clean Socks

Have you ever heard of a guy named John MacArthur? He is my pastor. He also writes books, hosts a radio program, and is president of The Master's College and The Master's Seminary. I've met him a few times at church and at Grace To You. He's always smiling and laughing. He's a great guy. Recently, John has been preaching on several doctrines presented in the Bible on Sunday nights. Recently we studied the spiritual transformation that comes by way of redemption. In Romans, Paul illustrates this concept with the old man/new man contrast. He says that we take off the old man and replace it with the new. Paul does not say to add the new man to what's already there. He says to replace the new for the old. If I'm going to change my socks, I take off the dirty ones before adding the clean. Same with salvation. In order to repent, we must strip off the sins and iniquities of our natural and sinful selves and put on the purity and holiness of our sanctified selves. You don't add Jesus to your life. You MAKE Jesus your life.

2 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Do you work at GTY?

Pensador said...

I do not although I do volunteer there during the summer.